10 music industry figures will act as coaches for the 20 successful participants in Music Victoria's upcoming Live Music Professionals Program.
Names such as Download Festival booker Nigel Melder, Deathproof PR co-owner Emily Kelly, Corner Hotel and Northcote Social marketing manager Sally Mather and White Sky managing director Tom Harris will engage in three-hour one-on-one sessions with independent promoters, as well as venue owners, promoters and bookers.
"I'm over the moon with the amazing array of coaches who have come on board to work with our Live Music Professionals participants this year," Live Music Professionals Project Manager, Sarah Deborre, said.
"The collective knowledge and experience that this group of people has is astounding and I know they’re going to be such an asset to this program."
The program kicks off from 3 July; click here for more details.
Check out the full list of coaches below.
- Ashlea O'Loughlin — Social Season Co-owner
- Ben Thompson — 170 Russell booker
- Brian Taranto — Love Police ATM Co-owner/Managing Director
- Emily Kelly — Deathproof PR Co-owner/Managing Director
- Moira McKenzie — Sanicki Lawyers, Senior Associate
- Nigel Melder — Download Festival booker
- Sally Maher — Corner Hotel and Northcote Social Club Music & Marketing Manager
- Sharlene Harris — ALH Group, National Entertainment Manager
- Shaun Adams — Karova Lounge programmer
- Tom Harris — White Business and Managing Director, artist manager