If you’ve ever lived in a share house, you’ll know there’s enough to worry about without the added stress of your prized musical possession – say a $3,000 Gibson or a sweet drum kit – going missing or being damaged.

In such living circumstances, having full home and contents insurance isn’t really relevant, and that’s why RACV has come up with a solution to make sure you’re protected.

Whether you’re in danger of your butterfingers roommate dropping your guitar while showing off at a party or accidentally setting it on fire like Hendrix, just know that RACV's Single Item Insurance has you covered.

You can cover your prized possessions against fire events and theft when travelling around Australia, the latter of which means you can bring your acoustic on long trips to kill downtime. You can also cover laptops and tablets if you want to create music on the go. 

If you’re channelling your creative energy via a mobile phone or camera, you can cover those against accidental damage if they’re dropped or damaged by water.

“We realise it’s important for people to be able to protect the items they just can’t live without, even if they don’t want to insure a whole house,” Stacey Maher, General Manager Home Insurance, said.

“When you’re learning guitar or mixing music on your laptop, you need these items to do what you love. We’ve launched Single Item Insurance to help creators protect the items they need to pursue their passions and hobbies.”

And if you’re living on a solid diet of cheap noodles, RACV premiums start from as little as $1.21 per month on items such as musical instruments, with a range of different payment options (weekly, fortnightly, monthly and annual).

It’s all managed online through the Single Item Insurance Portal, where you can instantly file a claim if something goes wrong.

Head over to the RACV website for more information and to get an online quote in 30 seconds.

This is a sponsored post. Product issued by Insurance Australia Limited. Check out the PDS at racv.com.au.