Following hugely disappointing ratings this past season, it has been rumoured that the Australian version of The X Factor is set to be axed and judge Guy Sebastian suspects the talk is true.
Speaking to News Corp on Sunday, the singer said, "I think the speculation is probably fairly accurate, it was a disappointing year".
It was hoped that bringing in US artist Adam Lambert and Australia's own Iggy Azalea would boost ratings, but the results were poor, with the past season posting its lowest ever ratings for a finale.
Even if the singing competition does return to the Seven network, you shouldn't expect to see Sebastian on the panel.
"X Factor was always going to be a very short thing for me," he said.
"I wasn't going to do last year, and it came back that it was only a very short run, so I did it."
Last November, Sebastian went so far as to call the show "manufactured television".
"It's time to evolve the show. People aren't stupid," Sebastian said in November.
"They know manufactured television, and they know when something has run its course and people are clutching at straws."
Speaking to The Music last year, TV Tonight's David Knox predicted we have seen the last of The X Factor on Aussie television screens.
"Given the high costs for the show I can't see Seven going with a renewal in 2017 and their decision to discontinue Dancing With The Stars demonstrates they won't be swayed by sentiment," Knox said.