With 17 studio albums to his name, there’s no doubt that prog rock master Devin Townsend knows his way around songwriting, and as such will bestow his wisdom to fans through a series of free online lectures.
The one-hour lecture – hosted by Music Business Facts - will shed some light on how to develop creatively and stand out as an independent songwriter as the music industry continues to evolve, with Townsend said to cover off these topics:
- Why music is the result of the process and not the process itself.
- How to learn to understand your own creative limitations.
- How ones creative drive is primarily subconscious.
- Why you shouldn't be afraid to be vulnerable with your art.
- Why you shouldn't fight yourself- rather surrender to the creative process.
There will be three different lectures to cover different time zones, orientated around Sydney, LA and London, with Australia first off the rank and kicking off at 12pm AEDT this Sunday, January 15, with registration now open.
The Triffid, Newstead
Enmore Theatre, Newtown
170 Russell, Melbourne